[Qgis-developer] Some concerns about QGIS on OS X, part 2

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Feb 11 16:17:55 EST 2009

Hi Phil

On Wednesday 11 February 2009 02:54:50 Mac Programmer wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2009, at 6:46 AM, Benjamin Ducke wrote:
> > Mac Programmer wrote:
> >> Unmac-ish behavior:
> >> - Non-native dialogs.

Mac support is continually improving in QGIS but is subject to some
limitations. In this last release Tom Elwertowski went to a lot of effort to
improve QGIS to follow HIGs for win/kde/gnome/os x. Obviously there is still
more to be done but short of maintaining a separate development tree for a Mac
version of QGIS, building a cross platform application will invariably involve
some compromises. At least until we have enough champions for each platform to
ensure proper HIG compliance at any rate. As such we would welcome your
contributions / patches to help improve things on the OS X platform.

Regards

Tim