[Qgis-developer] georeferencer plugin - map follow mode

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Feb 19 14:49:56 EST 2009

Hi

On Thursday 19 February 2009 05:25:03 Maxim Dubinin wrote:
> yep, it is much clearer now, we're basically discussing immediate
> review of the results of rectification. This sounds good, though can
> hit performance for large rasters.
>
> I agree we need to make this feature switchable. I think you should better
> update our svn and ask Magnus to patch trunk again with the whole deal. If
> you're going to keep working on this I also suggest we move all our stuff
> from our svn to QGIS trunk.
>
> Anyway - great job. Now we need to take care of point prediction and
> cross-correlations and it'll be perfect.

Guys do I understand correctly that with Manuels patch you will be able to
click on a known place on a already georeferenced map in main canvas window
and then in the corresponding place in the georegister window and it will use
the main canvas windows coords for that point removing the need for manual
entry of gcps? If so that will be great!

If you need help getting your work into SVN please dont hesitate to contact me
- though I assume Magnus is your contact point on this which is great!

Tim Sutton, Linfiniti Consulting
* QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)
* Visit http://linfiniti.com for more information
   about the QGIS and FOSS services we provide.
* Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net