[Qgis-developer] proxys, WMS and plugin installer

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Wed Jan 7 09:58:16 EST 2009

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback. I think Borys is right and the plugin installer
should pick up the proxy type from the settings. Therefore I applied the patch
in r9939 for testing.

I don't have the 'pleasure' to work behind a proxy so I cannot test myself.
Andreas, Barry, Carson, Stephan, could you test r9939 with your proxy
configurations at work?

>But there is also WFS remaining (and what with postgis?)

True, WFS is using QHttp directly for GetFeature requests and also needs to
set proxy settings. Also I'm developing an SOS client that would also need to
do that. It seems reasonable to have a method applyProxySettings(QHttp) that
can be used by all those classes. For postgis there is probably a libpq
specific way of proxy setting, though I did not check the documentation yet.

> PS: It would be good to have a noproxy-entry, because some clients complain
> that they cannot use internal and external WMS in one QGIS-Session.

Yes, I agree it would be handy to specify a set of urls in option dialog for
that. Then every URL starting with such a string will not use a proxy in its
QHttp object (that is a further argument against setting proxy at application
level).

Regards,
Marco

--