[Qgis-developer] mapserver plugin

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 05:13:52 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> I think we should have a proper plugin infrastructure, analogous but
> separated from C++ source code.
> Ideally this should:
> - allow devs with privileges to upload their plugin
> - do some consistency check (removing hidden, unnecessary files, .pyc
> etc.) and pointing out missing elements (licence, minimum version, etc.)
> - generate automatically the relevant entry in plugins.xml
> - allow the maintainer to mark each plugin with the appropriate category
> (sandbox, experimental, unstable, testing, stable), so users are warned
> (but still allowed and encouraged to experiment).
> Feasible?

What plugins should be included in the infrastructure - only the
official ones or any plugins?
It would be a good thing to have such infrastructure (repository +
automatic uploading) so that plugin developers don't have to worry
much about that.

But is there someone commited to set up such infrastructure and maintain it?

Martin