[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] Graticules

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 14:58:29 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Carson Farmer <carson.farmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On a similar note, I was thinking of reorganising the Tools (fTools) menu to
> make it similar to the ArcGIS toolbox: a docking tree view list type
>  interface.
> My idea being that as more and more analysis tools are create, it might be
> nice to have a simple architecture for organnising and keeping things sane.
> In addition to this, we could implement a base 'analysis' gui, which would
> essentially be a blank dialog with ok, cancel/quit, a progress bar, and some
> fancy QGIS analysis logo (currently in development) as the background. That
> way, new 'analysis' tools would simply have to add their required fields to
> this base dialog, keeping everything using the same conventions. It would be
> good to implement some simple way to automagically add the tools to the
> 'toolbox' as well... This of course would make it easier to add raster tools
> as well, which could also be part of the toolbox...

Carson,
I was thinking about the same thing. Creating a simple framework for
the tools seems like a logical step. The framework would maintain the
list of tools and automatically create GUI for the tools. Take a look
at GRASS toolbox in QGIS, it works exactly in this way - it just runs
external grass commands.

Martin