[Qgis-developer] on spatialite-gis and spatialite-qgis

Maxim Dubinin sim at gis-lab.info
Mon Jul 6 13:54:54 EDT 2009

Hi all,

just some thoughts, please treat as IMHO.

I love shapefiles, but they are one foot in the grave. I can see SpatiaLite taking their place.

I followed Massimo's email on OSGeo on release of spatialite-gis ALPHA
[1] and thought, hmm...looks like qgis. But it is not.

I would really like to see this support in QGIS too. It is not clear
from the organizational point of view whether all this nice features
better be developed under QGIS, but not stand alone from the start,
this is author's decision, I respect that. I'm all for
lots of tools, but the question for me personally is when will I *finally* be
confortable with switching from Arcview to QGIS fulltime.

Maxim

[1] http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite-2.3.1/spatialite-gis-advanced.pdf