[Qgis-developer] Wrong reprojection if using different datums?

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 03:15:06 EDT 2009

Thanks,
In that case, before the problem is fixed,
it should be prominently stated that conversion
of coordinates involving different datums in QGIS is wrong.
Otherwise, this implies a serious loss of reliability. This
is an important matter for people using GPS coordinates, which
are often in WGS84 by default. Users cannot rely on "on the fly"
reprojection, but should set their GPS on the same CRS as
the maps they will be using later.

Agus