[Qgis-developer] edting non active qgis/grass layers

Maciej Sieczka msieczka at sieczka.org
Mon Jul 27 07:41:52 EDT 2009

Giovanni Manghi pisze:

> actually in qgis if I toggle the editing of a layer that is
> not active in the legend, the points/nodes do not show in the map
> canvas. If I toggle the editing of a grass vector layer that is not
> active in the legend, the points/nodes show in the map canvas.
>
> What is the right behavior? I guess that it needs to be consistent
> for both grass and non-grass vectors, maybe not allowing to toggle
> the editing of non active layers.

GRASS "layers" in a GRASS "vector map" have *common geometry*. You can't
edit the geometry of one GRASS "layer" not interfering with the
geometry of the other "layer" in a single "vector map".

This is different than in case of e.g. shapefiles, where each layer is a
set of files dedicated only to a particular layer, thus when you edit
it, you do so only for this particular layer.

GRASS "layers" and OGR "layers" are different things.

Maciek

--
Maciej Sieczka
http://www.sieczka.org