[Qgis-developer] Python Version

Water Guy water.guy77 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 14:57:44 EDT 2009

Hello-

I am trying to write a small script/proof of concept that I can eventually
turn into a QGIS plug-in that utilizes the CGAL python bindings to generate
a Delaunay triangulation polygon shapefile from a point shapefile.  The
problem that I am having is that the CGAL bindings seem to work only with
python2.6 and the QGIS bindings seem to only work with python2.5.

Does anyone have any suggestions for handling this situation?  Can the QGIS
bindings be made to work with python2.6?  Also, if I can get this to work
using python2.6 is there a way to make a QGIS plugin use version 2.6?

I have tried to get CGAL to work in python2.5 but havn't had any luck, the
import statements seem to work but some of the functions don't.

Thanks,

Matt