[Qgis-developer] R plugins

Volkan Kepoglu vkepoglu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 11:09:56 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Volkan Kepoglu <vkepoglu at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 8:53 AM, Volkan Kepoglu <vkepoglu at gmail.com> wrote:

>> it is a bug now. the reason is converting from sp classes to ppp format of
>> spatstat library in R, at least one numeric column is required. if there is
>> no numeric column in point layer, then id column of point layer can be used.
>> i will try to fix it.
>>

> I could not find any function to reach "id" colon of layer. the value of id
> colon for each row can be reachable like feature.id(). I want to reach as
> a colon. maybe the id as a colon can be unreachable with the python code or
> i could not find. do you have any suggestion for this? so i think this
> option does not solve the problem. Another solution can be to add a new
> integer field, populate this field with numbers and save the file and then
> sent to the R. Actually there is another plugin, Borys' Table manager does
> the same thing; insert the field and save. Hacking some part of the table
> manager code into sda4pp will be a long story. i wll do later. i think these
> are note to myself.
>
> thanks for your valuable input and awaring of difficult bug. :-)

the bug of no numeric column found in point layer while running density tool
is fixed for only shape file. A new numeric field is added to shape file
with unique field name. For non shape file data, this problem is still
valid, but instead of giving an error, an informative message is displayed.

regards,
volkan