[Qgis-developer] Segmentation Faults compiling current trunk

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.nl
Mon Mar 2 06:04:00 EST 2009

Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just svn-updated the trunk version, recompiled and installed. Now when I
> am starting QGIS I get segmentation faults. I then removed
> .config/QuantumGIS/QGIS.conf to make sure that the settings/plugins aren't
> disturbing.
>
> I could then start QGIS, but it was still very unstable.
>
> I then rolled back to release 10240 and it works fine again. (10240 was
> just a random pick, I first tried to go back to 10250 and 10249 and it
> still had the problems).
>
> Any idea what could be wrong? Are others also experiencing startup and
> stability problems with the current trunk?
>
> Andreas

Had an immediate segfault after compiling and installing today's svn and
starting qgis. However, running 'make uninstall' and after that deleting
all qgis remains, and then running 'make install' again, apparently
solved it (qgis starts OK and some quick testing doesn't show any
instability). Deleting all qgis remains in my case meant: deleting
/usr/local/share/qgis, /usr/local/include/qgis and /usr/local/lib/qgis.
Ymmv.

Vincent.