[Qgis-developer] georeferencer plugin - map follow mode

Maciej Sieczka msieczka at sieczka.org
Tue Mar 3 11:34:31 EST 2009

Manuel Massing pisze:

>> Manuel, I've read provided links twice, but still not following ;)
>>  "map follow" discussion in regard to Georeferencer. Can you
>> explain?

> The basic idea is to use the GCP-derived transforms to show the same
>  viewport in the qgis main canvas and in the georefencer canvas.
>
> Now that I have reread Maciek's posting, I am also not sure anymore
> he described the same, so sorry if I confused you all :-)

I actually meant that *dividing the map canvas in 2* (1 part for the
refference and the other for the target map view, plus a toolbar for
georectification tools and options above them) would be IMO better
than the current 2 distinct windows (main QGIS window with refference
map and standard QGIS tools, the other window target map view plus
georectification tools and options).

Manuel's idea of live-linked reference and target views is great. I wish
I had both - linked views & better desktop utilisation by getting rid of
the extra window.

Maciek

--
Maciej Sieczka