Incompatible plugins and seg faults on start. Was: Re: [Qgis-developer] Seg fault on program start (r10258)

Borys Jurgiel borysiasty at aster.pl
Wed Mar 4 03:15:05 EST 2009

On środa 04 marzec 2009 08:13:48 Craig Leat wrote:
> Thanks for the advice. It works now :-)

Btw. An incompatible plugin shouldn't cause program crashes! After upgrading
from the 1.0 to the 1.1 it will probably affect all users who have GridMaker
enabled. Also external plugins can cause troubles after QGIS upgrade.

Shouldn't we implement any test for plugin version? I'm not sure what is the
right way. A revision number of QGIS the plugin was compiled against? Probably
there is something much smarter.

Regards,
B.