[Qgis-developer] Improvements to open vector dialog

godofredo contreras frdcn at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 6 00:11:46 EST 2009

Hi developers:

I have been working in a patch for open vector layer dialog to improve it and extend it to support database,  protocol and directory connections in addition to the already implemented file support.

I have tested the patch with the following drivers:

Database drivers:

Mysql,Oracle,Postgres,ODBC,Esri Personal Geodatabase

Protocol drivers:

GeoJSON

Directory drivers:

UK. NTF.,US Census Tiger/Line,Arc Info Binary Coverage

File drivers:

Atlas BNA,Esri Personal Geodatabase,Esri Shapefile,GML,GPX,KML,Mapinfo File,Microstation DGN,S-57,X-PLANE,

The supported drivers are not limited to the ones in the list, I have coded the uri
translation for most drivers mentioned in gdal/ogr site.

The patch is available in https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/515

Any suggestions and comments are welcome.

Best regards

Godofredo Contreras