[Qgis-developer] PostGIS layers invalid in 1.0.1

Standaert Arnout arnout.standaert at vito.be
Wed Mar 11 05:11:05 EDT 2009

Hi,

As discussed yesterday on Qgis-User, I'm noticing a problem loading PostGIS layers using Qgis 1.0.1 and 1.1.0 (trunk build) on WinXP, installed using the OSGeo4W installer. This was discussed on IRC and we got a bit further looking for causes.

I have posted a debugview log of a typical session over here: http://wwwald.be/dl/qgis-postgis-dbgview.LOG

Startup looks normal, the postgresprovider.dll is loaded OK. But when actually loading the layer, there's this error message:

        (QgsVectorLayer::setDataProvider)  unable to get data provider

For now, that's the closest I am to finding the actual cause. Maybe someone with more development background in QGis can do a further suggestion? On IRC, "jef" already suggested to run DependencyWalker on postgresprovider.dll, but I'm not very familiar with doing this so any suggestions are welcome.

By the way: I also installed the "windows native" trunk build from http://www.norbit.de/67/. This build does load my PostGIS layers without problems...

Any ideas for further investigation are more than welcome! I hope I did the right thing sending this to QGis-Dev, my apologies if this is inappropriate...

Regards,
wwwald

---
This e-mail, any attachments and the information it contains are confidential and meant only for the use of the addressee(s) only.  Access to this e-mail by anyone other than the addressee(s) is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended addressee (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not use, copy, distribute or deliver to anyone this message (or any part of its contents) or take any action in reliance on it.  In such case, you should destroy this message and notify the sender immediately.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail or telephone and delete the e-mail from any computer.
All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail and its attachments.  As our company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments we recommend that you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use.