[Qgis-developer] cannot create qgis application from python: errors with provider plugins

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 19:17:47 EDT 2009

I'm working on Windows Vista, with the OSGeo4W stack.
Just to get in touch with the Windows environemnt, I've tried to run
the very first example (2_basic_main_window) from the tutorial from
Martin [1], last version.
I have:

 - corrected the QMapCanvas attribute from "useQImageToRender" to
"useImageToRender" (should the tutorial be updated?)
 - set the qgis_prefix to "C:\\OSGeo4W\\apps\\qgis-dev"
 - changed the hardcoded layer to one of mine

Running the script from the OSGeo4W shell I get a list of errors
referring to problems with various data providers:
http://www.geospatial.it/allegri/log.txt

The interface comes up, but nothing is rendered (obviously, having
seen the log!)
Is it something with the build of qgis_dev in the OSGeo4W package?
The same happens with QGis Kore.

Giovanni

[1] http://blog.qgis.org/?q=node/59