[Qgis-developer] build qgis-grass plugin on Windows

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 12:42:13 EDT 2009

Hi. I'm going on with my battle to compile qgis+grass on windows vista...
very frustrating!
I've almost finished to compile grass under mingw, as AFAIK it's the only
way to do it. Am I wrong?
I've built its various dependencies (like GDAL, proj, libtiff, freetype,
etc.) under ingw too.
Now, what to do with QGIS? I know it should be compiled with MSVC, at least
it's the way choosen for OSGeo4W stack. So I should rebuild GDAL, and all
the rest of the stuff, with MSVC? And, at the end, how to build the
grass-qgis plugin? Isn't it a problem having compiled the various parts with
different systems?

Ok, I admit, I'm a bit confused working on Windos. Linux is more linear to
me! :)

Giovanni