[Qgis-developer] Qgis for Openmoko ?

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 04:07:45 EDT 2009

Hi list,

I would like to know if there was some project to port Qgis on arm
smartphones like the Openmoko Freerunner. This would bring free smartphones
a great mobile gis tool.
I do not know if there is a lot of work to do or not.

There is already a port of Gvsig mobile (java based), with basic features
(load shapefiles, choose projection, load wms, connect to gps and
autocenter):
http://gvsigmobileonopenmoko.wordpress.com/
This tool is very promising, but for me it lacks the ability to be easily
extended as qgis is with python plugins (or using qgis core for one specific
application). And I am not a java fan :D

For those who do not know the Openmoko project , have a look here:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Main_Page
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner

Kimaidou (was michael douchin in this list before), owner of a Neo
Freerunner