[Qgis-developer] Where to release a plugin

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Mar 20 02:18:21 EDT 2009

So while not done, I'd like to start getting more people involved with
the Metadata editor plugin my colleagues and I started. We have a
sourceforge trac/svn instance and mailing for managing additional
contributors which we now openly welcome.

The question in this email though is where is the best place to put the
plugin so it can be installed via the python plugin manager. Sourceforge
isn't conducive to setting up a qgis style plugin repo, unless someone
can show me how to do this in trac and since it's a community project I
don't really want to stick it on my personal server.

Is this an appropriate thing to add to the Contributed plugins?

And yes it's only Alpha at this point, it's a metadata reader but it's a
good start.
http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/qgismetaedit

Thanks,
Alex