[Qgis-developer] Status indicator when loading a bigger project

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Mar 20 10:29:51 EDT 2009

Hi QGIS-Developers!

It would be nice if we could have a status indicator when loading a
qgis-project. Some of my project have 20+ layers and when loading such a
project, QGIS seems to do nothing for a couple seconds (up to half a
minute).

Some of my users then think that the program hangs or crashed.

I think it would be great to have some sort of indication of what QGIS is
doing while loading a project, telling the user which dataset it is
currently loading, rendering or working on:

Some of the options:
* Write a messag in the statusbar to indicate which layer qgis is working on
* a dialogue displaying the progress
* a progress bar
* a list of layers to load and a status indicator to tell which layer is
already loaded and which layers are still pending

Thanks for discussing this issues among you developers,
Andreas

PS: if you want, I can open a feature request in trac.

--
Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/