[Qgis-developer] Feature requests

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Mar 28 14:40:48 EDT 2009

2009/3/28 Agustin Lobo <alobolistas at gmail.com>:
> I've added the following items to my wishlist
> (http://sites.google.com/site/eospansite/myqgiswishlist)
> I wait for feed-back before adding them as tickets:
>
>  24. When opening a layer, add it to the position below the layer
>     selected in the legend (not always to the top)

-1 - when I add a layer I want to be able to see it, and if it's not
at the top I might not!

>  25. When creating a group in the legend, add it to the position below
>     the selected layer (not always to the bottom)

-1 - but unlike the current behaviour I'd like new groups to start at
the top (so that things added to them are visible!)

 Another idea would be to have an 'add layer here' option on the
context menu of the layer legend. Currently adding a new layer to a
group is a two-step thing - load the layer, then drag into the group.
This could be done in one with a 'add layer here' option. Obviously it
would then have to ask if you want a raster layer, vector layer,
postgis layer, wms layer etc etc...

>  26. RGB color composite from individual files.
>  27. RGB color composite from layers within a group in the legend

 Not sure I understand these two - you want to take three individual
rasters and create an RGB image raster from them?

>  28. Color (or grey) key for vector and single-band raster layers

 On the Print Composer? Or in the layer legend?

>  29. Attribute table and tips for single-band raster layers (i.e., for
>     land-cover raster layers)

 Are you talking about categorical rasters here? Where 1=water,
2=agriculture, 3=urban for example? What file formats support
alphanumeric labels for categories? Or would the user have to enter
them in Qgis themselves?

Barry