[Qgis-developer] adding geological symbols

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Nov 8 04:41:11 EST 2009

Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Right, should we discuss about this here at the hackfest?
> All the best.
>
> On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 10:18:23 +0100, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I would probably wait with addition of more symbols until the
>> organization of symbols is solved...

I see 2 issues here:

1. Yhe ability of QGIS to allow for organization, ie a dropdown list of
folders(sets) to show in the symbol picker. I think discussing this at
the hackfest would be good.

2. How to organize the files in the repo. As I mentioned in IRC, there's
a new mailing list graphics at osgeo.org looking to tackle this kind of
issue as a meta issue for many projects, and to possibly house all the
icons in one central place so each project doesn't have to maintain a
separate copy. So this discussion should probably be ongoing.

Thanks,
Alex