[Qgis-developer] QGIS on Maemo/Nokia N900

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Nov 14 07:13:44 EST 2009

Andreas Neumann ha scritto:

> I still don't have a mobile phone and am thinking about buying a Linux
> based smartphone now - maybe the Nokia N900 with Maemo.
I'm also looking forward to it - beware thoug; I have a friend who bought it >1 month
ago, and still has to receive it in his mailbox. Probably Nokia has problem in
delivering/producing/fixing it.

> Lots of questions - I know. Did someone try to get QGIS running on Maemo?

Qt should (now? soon?) run on maemo:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=qt+on+maemo+n900&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=UJ7-Sui5GZT0_Abz7Y2TCw&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CA4QqwQwAA#

As maemo is debian-based, it should not be too difficult to compile it for the N900.
The main issue is to change the GUI in order to fit into the small display.
So, I'm also interested, maybe we can pool forces when the N900 will be really
available on the market?
All the best.