[Qgis-developer] Xcode project build

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Nov 18 16:51:59 EST 2009

Ooohhhhh!

sdk problem - because for whatever dumb reason, these Qt libs are installed in /usr/lib, instead of /usr/local/lib (they put their mkspecs in /usr/local, why not libs and programs?).  Then, when using a system SDK, they're not found because they don't exist in the SDK.

Add a symlink to them in /usr/local (they'll be found in all SDKs and they're safe from deletion by Xcode updates):

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libQtUiTools.a /usr/local/lib/
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libQtCLucene.dylib /usr/local/lib/

another update for the INSTALL doc...

On Nov 18, 2009, at 3:08 PM, John C. Tull wrote:

> On Nov 18, 2009, at 12:47 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> Massimo is having the same problem.  I haven't installed Qt 4.6, so I can only guess at the problem.  It appears that libQtUiTools does exist, so I wonder if it has the right architectures?
>>
>> file /usr/lib/libQtUiTools.a
>>
>> if only 32bit, then either nokia messed up their distribution, or they didn't intend libQtUiTools (and maybe also libQtCLucene) to be linked into end-user binaries.
>
> file /usr/lib/libQtUiTools.a
> /usr/lib/libQtUiTools.a: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures
> /usr/lib/libQtUiTools.a (for architecture x86_64):	current ar archive random library
> /usr/lib/libQtUiTools.a (for architecture i386):	current ar archive random library
>
> That looks ok.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro