[Qgis-developer] fTools and qt-4.6.0-rc

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 16:57:43 EST 2009

Hi John,
> In my ongoing attempt to get a python enabled qgis working on OS X
> Snow Leopard, I am having better success using sip and pyqt dev
> branches and the qt-4.6.0 release candidate. Unfortunately, an error
> when starting qgis is indicating a problem with fTools. Below is the
> text of the error. It appears like the message is cut off at the end,
> but that was the entirety of the message text in the pop-up window.
> Any ideas on this?
>
>   File
> "/Applications/qgis1.4.0.app/Contents/MacOS/share/qgis/python/plugins/fTools/ui_frmAbout.py",
> line 71
>     self.textEdit.setHtml(QtGui.QApplication.translate("Dialog", "
Possibly a Qt version issue, though without the last bit of the error
message its hard to know. I don't suppose anything is being printed to a
console (debug mode)?
In the mean time, you can disable the about dialog by changing line 47
of your fTools.py file from (untested):
import doReProject, doSpatialJoin, doSubsetSelect, doSumLines,
doVectorGrid, doAbout
to:
import doReProject, doSpatialJoin, doSubsetSelect, doSumLines,
doVectorGrid#, doAbout
and line 241 from:
    QObject.connect( self.ftools_aboot, SIGNAL("triggered()"),
self.doaboot )
to:
    #QObject.connect( self.ftools_aboot, SIGNAL("triggered()"),
self.doaboot )

Otherwise, we need to figure out exactly what that error message is saying?

Carson

--
Carson J. Q. Farmer
ISSP Doctoral Fellow