[Qgis-developer] Re: New composer draw shapes

Marco Hugentobler marco at hugis.net
Fri Nov 20 04:51:35 EST 2009

Hi John and list

Thanks for testing the new feature.

> >2) The Background
> > color options do not appear to do anything for me, so perhaps need to be
> > removed from the ui, or made functional assuming there is an interest for
> > a background fill behind an ellipse or triangle.

True, the non-functional background color and transparency is a bug. Should be
fixed in r12204

For uniformity of item handling, I'd like to leave the background / frame
options for composer shapes. It could however be an option that they are
transparent white by default.

> > 4) It would be ideal if the user could set opacity for the shape outline
> > and/or fill.

Agreed. I'm going to add that soon. Also I'm planning to make an item for
arrows in composer soon.

Regards,
Marco

--