[Qgis-developer] drop-down list for basic shape tools?

Marco Hugentobler marco at hugis.net
Fri Nov 20 08:53:10 EST 2009

Hi all

For the function to draw basic shapes in composer, there is currently one
button, and after dragging the initial rectangle in composer, user selects if
it should be an ellipse, a rectangle or a triangle (probably more in future).

Another approach, suggested by Andreas, is to have a button for each shape
type, such that user selects the shapetype before dragging the rectangle. This
is closer to what most CAD programs do. The buttons could then be in a drop-
down list in composer.

What is your opinion? I remember we already had a discussion where people
where against drop-down list because of useability. On the other hand, there
are already two drop-down lists in composer.

Thanks for your feedback,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler