[Qgis-developer] Ready: QGIS callout labels with screenshots, source and test project. Martin, you will get it?

Sun Nov 29 14:35:57 EST 2009

Hi (also for 'Ttestt')

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 7:15 AM, ttestt <adygtfi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've made some changes to have callout labels with traditional(old) labels
>> engine.
>> This is very useful to prepare printable nice looking maps.
>> I think this code will be useful.
>>
>> I think there is a tool to move labels needed (tool will write label's
>> position to an attribute table's fields) to make work with labels more
>> comfortable. But, maybe, some will advise more powerful solution.

I could add that the CODING document in the root of your source tree
describes how one should submit a patch:

2.6. Submitting Patches

In general you should read that whole document and especially the
'2.6.5. Due Diligence' section,

I look forward to seeing your patch make its way into the code base!

Regards

Tim

> Hi "Ttestt"
>
> In the attached archive I've found a project file, sample data and
> modified QgsLabel class. This is not really developer friendly format.
> To make a proper patch, I would suggest you to use 'svn diff' command
> to create a patch file that contains only the changes (and not the
> whole files). Then create a new ticket in QGIS Trac and attach the
> patch. Like that, the proposed changes will not get lost in mailing
> list archive and someone will be able review the changes and possibly
> apply them to the repository.
>
> >From a very brief look I see you haven't done any changes to GUI, so
> how would people enable/disable the functionality?
>
> Please proceed with creation of a ticket in Trac. The following is an
> example of a patch contributed by community and later applied to qgis
> sources:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1478
>
> Regards
> Martin