[Qgis-developer] VS 2008 link errors for QMetaObkects references

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 13:12:18 EDT 2010

I have a problem while building a c++ plugin with msvc 9 (VS 2008) on
windows xp.

during linking I receive various errors referring to QMetaObject references
like

*public: static struct QMetaObject const QgisInterface::staticMetaObject"
(?staticMetaObject at QgisInterface@@2UQMetaObject@@B)*

I set the following lib folders
C:\Osgeo4w\apps\qgis_dev\lib
C:\Osgeo4w\lib

and the dipendencies (first trial was without the complete path for qt):
kernel32.lib
user32.lib
gdi32.lib
winspool.lib
shell32.lib
ole32.lib
oleaut32.lib
uuid.lib
comdlg32.lib
advapi32.lib
qgis_core.lib
qgis_gui.lib
geos_c_i.lib
C:\OSGeo4W\lib\qtmain.lib
C:\OSGeo4W\lib\QtXml4.lib
C:\OSGeo4W\lib\QtCore4.lib
C:\OSGeo4W\lib\QtGui4.lib
C:\OSGeo4W\lib\QtNetwork4.lib
C:\OSGeo4W\lib\QtSvg4.lib
C:\OSGeo4W\lib\proj.lib
C:\OSGeo4W\lib\geos_c_i.lib
C:\OSGeo4W\lib\gdal_i.lib
C:\OSGeo4W\lib\iconv.lib

I don't understand what the linker needs to resolve that... I see that this
specific symbol is exported by qgis_gui.dll... and it's there.
The general configurations are the same as the one generated by cmake for
the other qgis dlls.

Has anybody faced this problem?
thanks,
giovanni