[Qgis-developer] qgis development

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 06:13:38 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 8:31 PM, jude mwenda <judemwenda at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to improve qgis through developing. Is there a link on
> specifications on how developers can improve qgis and contribute to open
> souce qgis development? That is feature or bug fixing?

Hi Jude

new contributors are always very welcome! There are various resources
for developers scattered on qgis wiki [1] and qgis blog [2]. There are
various ways for contributing - if you're C++ developer, you can
develop new features or fix some bugs in QGIS. If you're a Python
developer, you could develop some plugins (or improve existing ones).
If you are not a programmer, there's still a lot of space for
contributing: translating QGIS user interface, documentation writing
or writing blog posts about the usage and development of QGIS.

Do you have any particular areas of intereset within QGIS? (e.g.
vector editing, map printing, raster support, 3D visualization)

[1] http://www.qgis.org/wiki/
[2] http://blog.qgis.org/
[3] http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Developers_Manual

Regards