[Qgis-developer] Qgs Canvas API

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Aug 3 07:24:12 EDT 2010

Hi Martin,

On Tue, 03. Aug 2010 at 13:12:38 +0200, Martin Dobias wrote:
> > 1) Which type of installation I must doing if I want to be able to use Qgs
> > API? Current version? Trunk Builds? Source code and than compile it?
>
> If you're going to use Python, things are simple. You can use QGIS
> from standalone installer or from OSGeo4W. When using C++ I think you
> will have to compile QGIS from source to have the access to the
> libraries and headers.

No, the OSGeo4W and the debian packages contain the libraries and headers.

> > 2) Can I developing my application on Windows 7 64 bit architecture?

> I think there shouldn't be a problem.

OSGeo4W is 32bit - so if you're going to build C++ plugins on Windows 64bit you
probably really need to build QGIS and depencencies from source.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden