[Qgis-developer] QGIS build with GDAL 1.7.x - Ubuntu

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 05:40:16 EDT 2010

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for your suggestion in compiling from the source.

However, I investigated your QGIS 1.5.0.2 built and this one is
actually build with libgdal1.7.0.

I installed it and it is actually using GDAL 1.7.2 and Spatialite 2.4.0

But I could not open any spatialite that I created and also the
spatialite file (subway_test.sqlite) found in this website below.

http://gothos.info/2010/02/calculated-fields-in-spatialite-sqlite/

This is very strange bug. "nyc_pumas" (Geometry is an invalid layer
and cannot be loaded).

William's Mac OS X QGIS - QGIS-dev does not have this bug.

I will try to see what is inside that that built before compiling one.
He just did the compiling last weekend.

Thanks.

Regards, Noli