Re: best.Re: [Qgis-developer] Spatialite ’select’ statement as vector layer in QGIS

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 16:36:15 EST 2010

Hi Paolo, all

Uploaded a new version (v0.3) of the 'Custom DB query' plugin.

I've added it to the 'database' menu. Also, it is now possible to save
the result of the SQL query as a new table in its corresponding
database.

So, to summarize, you can run SQL queries over postgis or spatialite
databases and get the results:

- in a table view
- as a 'real time' layer displayed over the map canvas
- as a new table, that gets saved to the database and is immediately
loaded to the map canvas

It is still pretty raw, so I'm keeping it in the 'experimental'
section, but it seems to work OK with my small test datasets.