[Qgis-developer] OpenLayers plugin and Print Composer

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Fri Dec 17 03:40:04 EST 2010

Hi Aaron,

Am Donnerstag, 16. Dezember 2010, um 23.09:31 schrieb Aaron Kreider:
> I'm trying to print a layer of points (kml) on an Open Street Map.  I'm
> hoping to get the highest resolution possible - so I can print them out
> at 600 dpi. I think I can do this by creating an image that is around
> 4800 by 6000 pixels.
>
> QGIS 1.6
>
> I use the OpenLayers plugin to get the OpenStreetMap layer.
>
> I add the kml data.  I zoom in a couple times (to the state of
> Pennsylvania).
>
> It looks fine in QGis.  Now when I try to print it using "Print
> Composer", I select "add a map" and create a box for the map.  The map
> shows up fine.  But when I try to export it to an image (or pdf) it
> shows my kml markers on a *completely different* open street map
> background.  It looks like it zoomed in 3-5 times on openstreet (and
> changed the center point), but the kml layer keeps its original projection.
>
> Is there any way I could get around this bug?
>
> It looks like there is an OpenLayers bug.  Is someone working on it?

It's a bug of the OpenLayers plugin. We still didn't manage to correctly set
the DPI params in all places.
Maybe Mathias has a Christmas enlightment or gets help from someone else
looking at it?

> Another person had the same problem:
> http://forum.qgis.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7674&p=16449#p16449
>
> There is a ticket, but it looks like nobody is working on it:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3195

This is a good case for the planned plugin bug tracker!

Regards
Pirmin

--
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions