[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] change point symbol size in map composer legend

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Tue Feb 2 09:19:53 EST 2010

Hi,

some notes about defining point symbol size in map composer legend:

finally I found a solution using a combination of "point symbol size",
activating checkbox "in map units" and using an attribute column for "area
scale".

First I selected a point symbol size which looks ok in the legend then
I altered the attribute data column I used for the "area scale" by a factor
to make it draw to the correct size on the printed map. But here I realized
that what looks right in the map composer does not come out right in the pdf,
jpeg etc. (see attached image)

Is it possible to improve this behavior or procedure? I mean a) make it
easier to define point symbol size in a map composer legend and b) make
the symbol size look the same in the map composer and in the pdf/jpg?

Should this go into the bugtacker as an enhancement proposal?

I added an image where you can see the difference between the map composer
and an pdf export.

Regards,
 Otto