[Qgis-developer] GRASS raster provider

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 16:59:12 EST 2010

I have submitted to trunk the new GRASS raster data provider.  It is
based on specialized GRASS modules compiled within QGIS, GDAL is not
used anymore.

GRASS functions are used to render colors, so it is always drawn
exactly like in GRASS. This was always required by users, but I think
that the possibility to change color table was useful. Unfortunately
current raster layer/provider architecture does not allow it for
raster providers.

GRASS groups of layers are not yet supported. Anybody using them?

This should fix
https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1945
https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2028

Please test, especially on Windows once it compiles (1am, MEST they say).

Radim