R: Re: [Qgis-developer] Building source code on VS2005

silvio.pioli at tin.it silvio.pioli at tin.it
Fri Feb 5 08:14:41 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 2:36 PM, silvio.pioli at tin.it <silvio.pioli at tin.it> wrote:
>  Hello,
> I'm newbie with QGis and this is my first post.
> I'm attempting to build the Qgis source that I've downloaded from
> https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/branches/Release-1_3_0
> To do that I procedeed as described at
> http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Installation_Guide.
> I succeeded in downloading and installing all the dependencies and create
> the VS solution by using the Cmake command.
> When I try to build the ALL_BUILD project as described in the Installation
> Guide, I get this error:
>
> TemporaryFile.cc
> ..\..\..\src\core\spatialindex\tools\TemporaryFile.cc(34) : error C3861:
> 'open': identifier not found
> ..\..\..\src\core\spatialindex\tools\TemporaryFile.cc(52) : error C3861:
> 'close': identifier not found
> ..\..\..\src\core\spatialindex\tools\TemporaryFile.cc(92) : error C3861:
> 'close': identifier not found

Hi

first of all I would recommend you to try 1.4.0 release instead of
1.3. If that will fail with the same problem, you may want to upgrade
to MSVC 2008 (express edition is sufficient) - it's known to work.

Martin

I tried release 1.4.0 compliled on another pc with MSVC2008 installed, but I got the same problem