[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] bugfix and cheating

Marco Hugentobler marco at hugis.net
Mon Feb 8 11:35:57 EST 2010

Hi Greg

In my opinion, Paolo is right.

In your mail from 21.01., you write:

"This slow start up by Qgis 1.4.0 is the last remaining obstacle preventing
me, and others, from adopting, and promoting Qgis. My small Qgis project can
be downloaded from
http://homepage.mac.com/gregcoats/jp2/images/dcua_reduce6_01.zip
I will provide $1,000.00 for a verifiably solution that yields start up times
from .qgs project files of no more than 30 seconds, delivered this month, and
$500.00 for a solution delivered next month."

So nothing about executables for all plattforms or making a release because of
the bugfix (that would be real nonsense, btw).

My suggestion was to donate the money for the next hackfest in Pisa. I think
this would be something really usefull for the community.

Regards,
Marco