[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] bugfix and cheating

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Feb 8 14:19:20 EST 2010

Greg Coats ha scritto:
> Paolo emailed me today saying that working executables will not be available until
> after the next release of Qgis,...

Just for the records: this is obviously not true. I do not know whether Greg
genuinely does not understand, or if he just is looking for excuses.
However, this discussion seems boring enough, let's try and make the best out of it,
learning lessons for the future.
Regarding the legal coverage, this is simply not feasible with our budget. Most
donors put a few hundreds euros/dollars, sometimes much less, to fix each bug, so it
is imperative to keep the admin overhead as low as possible.
In general, the system is working very well, I do not see special reasons to change
it, unless much more substantial funding comes out.
We just hit the wrong individual, but that's a normal thing since now and then, and
it does not hurt the project too much IMHO.
Peace... ;)