[Qgis-developer] Way to improve attribute search

luca_manganelli at comune.trento.it luca_manganelli at comune.trento.it
Tue Feb 9 03:09:09 EST 2010

Hi,

in my python plugins I always use a simple procedure to search features by
value. I get every single feature in a loop, get the n-th field value, I
compare it with a number or a substring.
The problem is that the performance is poor (with shapefiles / postgis
layers with over 10.000 features).
But I don't know if there is another way to improve the performance. And,
sadly, it doesn't use the power of Postgres query to search features with
given in a boost of time.

Any idea?