[Qgis-developer] Progress bar or continuous feature display when displaying large datasets (feature request)

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 15:56:00 EST 2010

Thanks Andreas - mea culpa - did'nt realize this. To me following
suggestion remains:

1. Why is'nt this Rendering Behavior ("Number of Features to draw
before updating the display") the default?

In addition, I recognized the following:

2. The Rendering behavior is void when option flag "Use display cache
if possible to speed up display" is on. I think, the options dialog
should reflect this relationship and disable "Rendering behavior".

3. When in main window and switching "Layer visibility" off, another
redraw is issued - only for making objects disappear right after
completing the drawing - and this (useless) redrawing might take a
long time.

Just my 5 cents. -Stefan