[Qgis-developer] Openlayers plugin issue

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 14:37:09 EST 2010

Hi all,

I was testing the new openlayers pre-release plugin. One issue I have is a scaling mismatch with my vector layers and the openlayers rendered output. I have a county layer in utm zone 11 (epsg 26911) that is not lining up with the openlayers map. I tried physical and roads layers from Google Maps. I did select the 100006 CRS and enabled OTF transformations for vector layers.

For testing purposes, the same vector layer can be downloaded from the link below. I happen to store my layer in a postgis database, but that should not matter.

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/nv/gis/shp_files.Par.31109.File.dat/nv_county.zip

This is an exciting plugin addition that will be very useful. Thanks for the work and inclusion in a public repository. I don't know if the plugin will support rendering for map composer output, but a quick test did not render the openmap layer to either pdf or a png image output file. The openmap layer did render in the composer itself when I refreshed the cache.

Cheers,
John