[Qgis-developer] "dissolve" causes crash

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:40:20 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Giovanni Manghi
<giovanni.manghi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> It works on debian amd64, r12927. Anyone confirms?
>> All the best.
>

> odd, it works fine also under windows (osgeo4w) and under ubuntu 9.04
> with qgis trunk compiled from source or qgis 1.4 installed with the
> ubuntugis repositories. So until now I can only confirm the problem on
> ubuntu 9.10 and qgis 1.4 installed with the ubuntugis packages.

I get this crash on ubuntu 9.10 too (qgis trunk). From what I've found
out, the crash happens within the python bindings code generated by
SIP, so I believe this is a bug in SIP shipped in ubuntu 9.10 as other
systems doesn't seem to be affected.

You might try to upgrade SIP and PyQt4 (either by self-compiling them
or using ubuntu backports), then recompile QGIS to see whether it
helps.

Martin