[Qgis-developer] Cmake issues when building with VS2008

Jeremy Palmer JPalmer at linz.govt.nz
Thu Feb 18 18:10:08 EST 2010

Hi,

I've been setting up my QGIS build environment on WinXP using VS2008 Team Edition. I'm getting a couple of issues relating to the generation of VS projects for the python libraries which rely on SIP.

After I run the cmake setup in the qgis/build directory (cmake setup ..), the following dummy files get created:

qgis\build\python\core\sipcorepart0.cpp
qgis\build\python\core\sipcorepart1.cpp
qgis\build\python\core\sipcorepart2.cpp
qgis\build\python\core\sipcorepart3.cpp

qgis\build\python\analysis\sipanalysispart0.cpp
qgis\build\python\analysis\sipanalysispart1.cpp
qgis\build\python\analysis\sipanalysispart2.cpp
qgis\build\python\analysis\sipanalysispart3.cpp

qgis\build\python\gui\sipguipart0.cpp
qgis\build\python\gui\sipguipart1.cpp
qgis\build\python\gui\sipguipart2.cpp
qgis\build\python\gui\sipguipart3.cpp

Because these files get a file date newer that the source file dependencies listed in the project rule (sipxxx.cpp.rule), the proper files never get created using SIP the command. This problem can be overcome either by deleting the dummy files or rebuilding the project. But the cmake rules should probably be updated so the project works correctly by just using 'build'.

Another issue I'm getting is in the python_module_qgis_analysis project. The project includes a reference to 4 cpp files (sipanalysispart[0-3].cpp), but the sip command only generates 3 files (sipanalysispart[0-2].cpp). Because 1 file is missing at the end of SIP processing, Visual Studio throws a project build error. The SIP command generated by cmake for generating the cpp files is:

C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python25\sip -x VendorID -t WS_WIN -x PyQt_OpenSSL -x PyQt_NoPrintRangeBug -t Qt_4_5_0 -x Py_v3 -g -j 4 -c C:/Dev/qgis/build/python/analysis -I C:/OSGeo4W/apps/Python25/sip/PyQt4 -I C:/Dev/qgis/python C:/Dev/qgis/python/analysis/analysis.sip

In my environment I'm using:

Visual Studio Team System 2008 SP1 (v9.0.30729)
cmake 2.8.0
Latest OGeo4W dependencies
WinXP SP2

Thanks
Jeremy

This message contains information, which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message.
LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ.

Thank you.