[Qgis-developer] plugin installer causes crash (ubuntu 9.04)

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 13:19:41 EST 2010

Hi all,

I stumbled in a Ubuntu 9.04 machine (a almost fresh install) that had
qgis 1.0.x installed with the "old" official repository. I made an
upgrade to qgis 1.4 using the ubuntugis-unstable ppa repository and went
all fine, except for the fact that when clicking on the plugin installer
qgis crashes. I removed everything, tried install everything again but
the result is the same. The terminal shows the following message

Python support ENABLED :-)
Loaded : fTools (package: fTools)
Loaded : Plugin Installer (package: plugin_installer)
Warning: QObject::connect: Incompatible sender/receiver arguments
        QgsProject::writeProject(QDomDocument&) -->
QgisApp::projectChanged(QDomDocument)
Segmentation fault

any idea?

Thanks in advance