[Qgis-developer] GSOC 2010

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 13:14:25 EST 2010

Hi all,

I wanted to check in with the dev community to see where a few key areas of development are, and if there is a need for outside support through a GSoC project or not.

Composer: Marco, I know you have pretty much owned this portion of the qgis project and you do a great job. Would it be useful for someone to assist on some composer advances or not? I'm sure you could generate some project ideas pretty quickly if it would be worth pursuing.

Labels and Symbols: Martin, you have similarly been point on this portion of the codebase and also do an excellent job. Again, perhaps a GSoC project would be good, especially for getting the composer and new symbology in sync (i.e., new symbology in composer legend).

I am sure others may have similar questions or requests based on additional desires for qgis development and advances.

Regards,
John