[Qgis-developer] Re: Renderer improvements masked for mac

Marco Hugentobler marco at hugis.net
Sun Jan 3 04:15:49 EST 2010

Hi John

The incremental update was disabled because of update problems when resizing
the main window of QGIS on Mac. I tested it on a Mac at university and as far
as I remember, there was a difference with painting events coming from Qt that
caused the problems.

Could you test if this still is true? For testing, take out the ifdefs in
qgsoptions.cpp and also in qgsvectorlayer.cpp. Then take a large vector layer
that is updated several times. Start drawing and while it draws, resize the
QGIS window several times. Then do the same also with WMS layers.

If there is no problem with it any more, I will be happy to remove the ifdefs,
as I like the incremental render updates very much too.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler