[Qgis-developer] Proposal: Add Qwt as a soft dependency for GPS integration

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Jan 7 15:23:18 EST 2010

Hi all

The gui component is now also in trunk as of r12697. Please note that
it seems to want a recent version of Qwt (tested with qwt-5.2.1). If
you are on ubuntu 9,10 you should find everything you need in apt.

Regards

Tim

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Barry Rowlingson
<b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Either use it as a hard dependency or don't use it at all. Personally
>> I don't have any experience with Qwt and it's capabilities. I guess it
>> doesn't have as many features as e.g. python's matplotlib, anyway it
>> might be a good candidate for drawing graphs also in future.
>
>  I think with Qwt you get graph and control widgets that integrate
> into the Qt framework, so you can build them into Qt dialogs with
> designer and interact with them via signals in the usual Qt way.
>
>  matplotlib is clearly a superior 2d plotting library though :)
>
> Barry

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux