[Qgis-developer] New Script for plugin generation in Mac Os X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Jan 26 19:36:41 EST 2010

On Jan 26, 2010, at 4:59 PM, Aju Ajusito wrote:

> Hi, I have worked over a year to understand the QGIS development and now I try to contribute.
> The subject is:
> If we want to create a plugin for QGIS with some folders inside for example on FreeBSD is easy but in Mac Os X using Xcode is not same, because the script for compile the plugin is not really good.
> Let's see the old script:

> UIUI=`ls *.ui`

> and now take a look to my new script

> UIUI=`find . -type f -name "*.ui" | sed 's,.\/,,'`

> I decided to use the find function and not the ls.
> what you think?

Not to be defensive, but what is wrong with ls?  Did you have a problem?  Seems like find + sed is a lot more work.

One thing I probably should do is hardwire the path to /bin/ls so it doesn't accidentally get a MacPorts or Fink ls, which may behave differently than expected.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin