[Qgis-developer] WMS tileset support

Jeremy Palmer JPalmer at linz.govt.nz
Fri Jul 16 21:32:55 EDT 2010

I'm trialling the use of Geoserver for serving up images to QGIS clients. I can get WMS to work well. However I was wondering about the QGIS support for tile sets. As far as I can see in the QGIS WMS proveder source code, tile sets are supported if there is a VendorSpecificCapabilities/TileSet tag in the get capability request.

Does any know if you can get Geoserver (or any other open source web mapping service) to provider this capability?

Thanks,

Jeremy Palmer
Geodetic Surveyor
National Geodetic Office

Land Information New Zealand | Toitu te whenua
160 Lambton Quay | Private Box 5501 | Wellington 6145

DDI: 64 (0)4 498 3537 | Fax: 64 (0)4 498 3837 | www.linz.govt.nz<http://www.linz.govt.nz>

This message contains information, which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message.
LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ.

Thank you.